INTO THE FIFTH ROUND

Yet again, Manchester United have been drawn against EPL opposition in the FA Cup for the 5th Round after seeing off EPL sides in the 3rd and 4th rounds. It's such luck that makes me loathe this competition. Of course Reading at home is not the fixture that will have any of us peeing in our pants, but I'd rather have taken Luton Town at home for this one. I'm pretty sure that Luton would have taken us over Millwall had they been offered the choice. That to me is what the FA Cup is about, not 26 consecutive games against EPL opposition.


Anyhow, the manager played the squad I wanted out for Saturday and they got the win. It was good to see RVP and a couple of regulars get a break as I think they'll need it as we embark on a couple of EPL games.
Like I said, next 8 games, very winnable if we are on point in terms of concentration. Those 24 points could put us in a position of comfort going into the last 5 games of the season which are much trickier.

Great to see our forwards boost their goal tallies especially Chicharito who will always be judged on goals scored. I think it remains worrying that Giggs can still start two games alongside Nani and still have a better game than the Portuguese player overall. Yes, he's still coming back from injury but its fair to say that what we saw of Nani in that first half was essentially the same old Nani---inconsistent especially when you add the second half to that (in which he was brilliant).

We've now got a job to do in the league against Southampton at home. By the time we kickoff that one, we could be just the 2 points ahead of City as they get to play on Tuesday. I've mentioned it before that the next 8 games are very winnable with the right concentration so I hope that we carry that single-minded attitude to the next few games.
It will be a disaster of relative proportions if by the end of Wednesday, the gap is not at least 5 points so here's to all three points.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Labels: ,