AND HERE WE GO AGAIN----MAN UNITED VS NEWCASTLE UNITED PREVIEW!


Surviving a summer largely devoid of club football couldn't have been easy on any one. The World Cup went a long way in easting away that barren spell so I guess we can't complain much but there is a hunger that's been growing in me to see United for another 9 or 10 months of football.
Having said that, I think I really needed this break. Last season was the first 'fingers crossed' season we've had in years so my heart didn't have a good time throughout the season. On no less than five occasions, I could have died of a heart attack, despite my levels of fitness. The derby games especially had better be kind on my heart this term though.

Anyhow, enough of last season. We lost our trophy last May to the Rent Boys so priority number one for us this year is to win the League. Not even Champions League success will nurse the wounds of another failed campaign at home. It's a bit damning that I say this as I think, given our near none-existent transfer activity, we're in for another fingers crossed season. But hey, such is what we (spoilt) supporters of United have to expect from our team.

Newcastle United provide the first opposition of the season to us. It's a season opening game. It's a home game. It's a promoted side. It's Newcastle United. There is therefore no reason on earth as to why we shouldn't post all three here. In fact, it could work in good stead for us if we start building that goal difference from the start. I mean why cry over it in January when we could have started building in August?

Aside fro the regular absentees, and by that I mean Hargo, Ando and Rio, I think the manager has the player resources to name a strong team for the game that is capable of delivering and saving us an opening shock.

Our opponents have one or two faces that our players are familiar with. Alan Smith will certainly get a warm reception when he returns to OT whilst I think Kevin Nolan ought to be well known by our defenders. He was their leading scorer en route to promotion so the likes of Vida know who to pay close attention to.

It will be sort of itching watching a whole weekend of League football minus United but hopefully, the last will be the best for us.

Just in case I didn't point it out before, we've got Bebe. (Don't ask me who that is!)

Labels: