WAAYYNNE ROOOOONNEYY!---MAN UNITED VS MAN CITY REVIEW!







Well if you are still puzzled about the choice of the title, in my defence, it's all that the commentator of my feed could make of the late winner by Wayne Rooney last night. For me, his goal was as dramatic as the one Owen scored in the first derby early this season.

The review for last night's game is quite simple....United put City in their place!
There is not much you can add on that really.

The only talking point for the future should be Sir Alex's faith in the 4-5-1 when we are faced with serious opposition. The manager used to apply this away from home in Europe but it seems that even at home, when United have tough opponents, he has no faith in the midfield and attackers to do the job at 4-4-2. I mean this is how we lined up against Arsenal at home in August, City at home in the league, etc. I think it became a real worry when the manager used it at Fratton Park recently. To be fair to the manager, he has won most of the games when he started with such a formation---but that is strictly down to the wing play, and not the ability of Wayne as a lone striker. I fee that we will suffer when we meet teams that can nullify the threat of Valencia or a Nani on the wings. It would leave us thumping the ball forward, as we did for most of the first half yesterday, with not much benefit. That is food for thought.

Then I'm not sure if Rio Ferdinand has been doing a good job of training lately as he seems to be doing more elbowing than defending. The FA have banned him for four games following his hit out at Fagan a the weekend. That he was not far from similar incidents last night suggests that he seems to have lost a bit of himself lately. It's a blow for United but I really hope that he comes back better when his month long absence is completed.

The manager now has one or two selection problems; it seems obvious that Nani and Valencia seem to do well in the same right wing position.

I'll conclude this unusual review by pointing out what nearly killed me during the game...Rooney's miss was disgusting! Thankfully he atoned for it with the winner. I was also nearly killed in the celebrations. Thankfully, I'm through that.

It's Le Arse next---another crucial game for our season!

Labels: