A FEW MORE NOTES...


I've been quite engaged in my work this past week and so I have not had the time to follow our players on International duty. There have also been one or two reserve games that were important for various reasons.
Regular readers of this blog might be aware of the concern I have voiced towards our wingers given their inability to provide regular service to the attack. I thought that maybe the pressure is so much on Nani and Valencia to perform. I suggested that it was time that Fergie took a chance on another youngster in Zoran Tosic. I know the public opinion is that he still needs to grow some physique before he can get in the grove but I disagree. I mean I think this lad will not go down as much as Ronaldo did when he was touched in 2004. Besides, sometimes that physique is built by being involved a lot. Take a case of the likes of Walcott and Fabregas when they joined the Arsenal first team, what doesn't Tosic have physically that those two had.
Sometimes I look at the way he performs for his country and I wonder how good he can be if he had ten other good players around him every week! He, unlike Nani and Valencia seems to have a better goals per games ratio.

Gabriel Obertan made his comeback for the reserves as well and his brilliant touches as well as speed mark him down as one of those players we can't wait to see play for us. His arrival was not so much hailed--in fact, the arrival of Michael Owen was hailed even more than his, and yet he could be about to rock Old Trafford with his brilliance.
The return of Rafael and Hargo means that United should be stronger towards the half-way point of the season. In the meantime, we can only hope that the players we have remain fit. The only problem is that this will make Fergie rotate the squad more often than he has ever done, and though this has it's plus points, it can sometimes turn against you.
We the fans can only hope that it is onwards and upwards for United!

Labels: