SO HOW IS IT GOING TO BE?


Before I start this post, let me just make it clear that the title of this post has nothing to do with what is written below. I felt I didn't have one for today so I put a few words together to fill that gap.

Having said that, you'll soon find out that this post is largely about notes taken from the DW stadium on Saturday.

Firstly, the controversy; reports in the press suggest that Vidic could face FA action from their 'video review' panel if Howard Webb does not include his clash with Rodallega in his post-match report. So sometimes they tell us the ref must have seen the incident and include it in his report for the FA to take action. Other times they say their video-review panel will punish any incident on pitch. You wonder where this panel was when Ballack was elbowing Evra to the ground, after all, the Community Sheild is a Football Association tournament.
I guess its only when United are involved that they call this video review panel.

Sir Alex will no doubt want to rotate his squad given the number of options that he has but I really would like to see some consistency as far as the starting attackers are concerned. I mean we cannot keep expecting the same results when our attackers are changed constantly especially in a 4-4-2 formation. Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke forged a deadly partnership because they were allowed to play together often even when Teddy and Ole were waiting on the bench.
Michael Owen should not start games because he is an impact player. We can use him off the bench very well given that he will join the fray when even the defenders have slowed down to his pace. I don't mind him starting the odd Cup game but when it matters, Rooney and Berba would do for me. Let me just conclude this point by saying that I'm not the manager. It's his shots that count; but again this is my blog. It's my shots that count!

It seems we are playing little Jonny Evans half-fit. This lad has already publicly admitted that he needs surgery but even in pain, the kid does a tremendous job for us at the back. I think the manager was right to let Pique go, given what he saw in this lad. He is now, in my opinion--a first team player---another product from the Manchester United Academy!

It's Monday. The players are probably having a couple of days off, but there a few big games to prepare for starting on Saturday against Arsenal!

Labels: