THE DREAM LIVES ON---MAN UNITED VS INTER MILAN REVIEW!


The Dream Lives On! I don't know about you guys but it was another tough night as far as being a Manchester United fan is concerned. Yes we got the early goal to settle the nerves but that's not the end of the tie! We went about giving stray passes, back-flicks that never met their intended targets and I daresay, each of the misplaced passes of Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs nearly cost us a goal. So close were the margins yesterday that you could barely take in the next breath of air when Ibrahimovic glanced a header on to the bar. Then there was that through ball that I thought was destined for the far corner from the moment he let fly. United were playing their usual suicidal game and Sir Alex noted it. It could have been a much easier night, but as always, United like it the hard and nervy way!
Other than that, we made a great start to a game that I thought was going to be very difficult as far as breaking defences is concerned. When Rooney and Berbatov kicked off and immediately spread the ball to Ronaldo in attack, I thought it was the perfect tone to start a game where our opponents would be favoured with a draw. The corner kick resulting were as a result of that pressure. What interested me was that Vidic has scored almost half his goals from corners taken by Giggs. The two must be having some telepathy-kind of communication.
From then on it was a matter of the second goal and boy did they make us wait for it. Ronaldo rose to head in his 16th of the campaign to all but surely book our place in the last 8. Interestingly, we scored at the start of both halves and I think that's what really took the gas out of Inter. EVDS had just a save to make since shots against the post are considered off target. On the whole it was a good job done because the end justifies the means.
Now I said, when the draw was made for the last 16 that if we beat Inter, then I would most certainly want the trophy as I think Inter are the strongest team we could have got. I still maintain that stand and hopefully, the draw will be kind to us come March 20. A second leg at home is all I ask for.
Sir Alex has spoken of his desire to win this trophy and I think he'll be confident from now till the end as United do seem to have mastered the European game to perfection. In my book, we are now favourites for every trophy until we are dumped out!

Labels: