THE WEEK THAT WAS....


I don't think I remember the last time United went on to draw 2 consecutive games 0-0. It spells a lot of 'shite' for a team to consistently come out with such results. So after 'escaping' with a point from Villa Park, United went on to play the same kind of' 'forgiving football' and let Villarreal escape with a draw on their own pitch. Much as we dominated them almost throughout the match, we should have punished them. We are in an era where the scoreline matters more than the performance--so that was disappointment number one!
Then there is the Nani question. This is supposed to have been the guy who replaced Cristiano Ronaldo this season (had the lad gone to Real Madrid). Nani is the only player in our ranks who can come close to whatever Ronaldo can do for United. He has all the skill available to him--the question is, does he have the brains? He did not justify his place in the line-up especially in the second half and I felt that he should have been replaced. I certainly know what Nani is capable of, it's just that he is not really giving it a go. His performace was disappointment number two!
Carlos Tevez is ideally the victim of Dimitar Berbatov's transfer to United. He has started more games on the bench, but I expected that he would at least be the first player off the bench for United. I do not understand why Fergie is constantly playing the other subs ahead of Tevez. I mean even Gibson gets off before him? Tevez and Rooney are as good as midfield players so it wasn't like he would leave the midfield depleted. That was my third and final disappointment on the night.
Otherwise I'd say that we did okay. Referees MUST start protecting Ronaldo as I get the feeling that his leg might just not hold out any longer one of these days. The punishment given to Capdevilla should be warning to those that go diving through the Madeira magician.
It's Citeh this Sunday! Somebody is going home with a bloody nose on the Sabbath!

Labels: