SPARKY THINKS THAT IT'S GOING TO BE AS EASY AS IT SOUNDS--WHAT A SHAME!




I never intended to add anything to the preview I have already made for the weekend's derby but a little something has made it necessary that I rant again this weekend.
Speaking at a press Conference ahead of the Manchester derby, Mark Hughes said enough to suggest that: A. Citeh will surely do to United what they did to Arsenal last weekend and
B. The Bitters will surely be as big as United in the next two or three years.
Well how about that for total s**%t! Just to brush aside suggestion A quickly, United have never been an easy team to beat regardless of the opposition. Even the likes of Chelsea are forced to clear off their goal lines in the last second before they can celebrate a victory against us. So if City think this is another team with a whole load of problems in the dressing room, they are in for a spanking!
The second suggestion is rather more sensitive and delicate. It took Manchester United at least two and a half decades of sustained success to be as big a club as they are today. The success in the 50s and 60s certainly did come in handy and all that hard work has made the club what it is today. When I talk about a club being big, I mean having fans all over world--including the less popular destinations of the world. I'm not sure about elsewhere but here in Africa, you'd have to travel the entire length of the Sahara to find anybody clad in sky blue with the words 'Thomas Cook' imprinted on the shirt. In fact, I've been to most of the sub-Saharan countries countries but I'm yet to find a City shirt in any store on sale--I mean even the businessmen know where the money is--and it's not in Wastelands. It will take some kind of sustained success before some fans pledge their lives to such a club. In any case Sparky, I highly doubt you will be in charge when this happens.

Labels: