ABOUT THE RETURN OF HARGREAVES AND CARRICK.







It has been a rather boring weekend as we have not had another installment of the incredible series that is the English Premier League. I'll be the first to admit it, I spent the weekend counting the number of channels that I have on pay TV. Now I'm almost certain that many football fanatics spent the weekend, not exactly counting TV channels, but say pretending to like golf, Tennis, Formula One, or even Darts! Reason being that I and probably a couple others do not read much into International break! I mean what is the point of watching England playing at home against Khazakstan(Sp)? I mean one has to have an teacher of European Geography to know where certain countries are located on the globe. At least I can say I know a quarter of Europe just by name and yet you can blindfold me and put me in Mersyside and I find my way to Lancashire.
Anyhow, we United fans were blessed to hear that Michael Carrick and Owen Hargreaves will be back in action as soon as next week. It's great news as we have been lacking in midfield options since the departure of Paul Scholes, Rodrigo Possebon, and the two maestros in question. Owen, in particular, has been on and off since his transfer from Bayern because of a tendinitis problem. At this rate, don't rule him out in breaking Louis Saha's injury record at United!
Carrick's vision and passing has made him one of the more important players to have in the team so it will be a major shot in the arm if he makes into the starting line-up next weekend.
Before I sign off, I heard that Manchester United players saved England's blushes yesterday...not for the first time eh!

Labels: