WHAT THE HELL I'M I READING?


Manchester United take on Pompey in the Community Shield later today but there are certain things appearing in today's paper columns that have, for lack of a better word, baffled me. There is this story going on about Real Madrid demanding compensation from Cristiano Ronaldo worth 17M quid. Apparently it is reported that Ronaldo had agreed personal terms with the Spanish 'outfit'. Real now want their compensation since the player in question has committed to United. Now firstly I have to say that I don't believe this story because there are no quotes to justify it. It could all be down to lazy journalism given that there is no more Ronaldo saga to write about. We also have to ask ourselves why Ronaldo would commit to United if he knew that decision would cost him that much cash. The reaction to this story is eagerly anticipated but for now, let's secure that 17th Shield.

Labels: